Thursday, September 9, 2010

Metathreads

Having learned something about web logging from professional teachers, a second attempt at Metathreads is in order. As the name implies, there is no theme; subject matter may wander as far as the mind can lead.

My first attempt at a web log was a missed cast at a forum-like affair. The intent was to elicit unabashedly intelligent conversations on topics of interest from the unlimited intellects who populate my family. I imagined tapping into the intriguing workings of the minds of both those I know well, and those I wish to know better. Unfortunately, Metathreads 1.0 was turgid at best. Perhaps even more regrettably, I have no real desire to correct that flaw.

The second attempt at web logging involved engaging a reporter on the subject of the Open Public Meetings Act and its practical effect on governmental efficiency. After two exchanges, he resorted to a personal attack, and I retreated, apologizing for misreading his intentions as a call for rational discussion.

So, here is the third pass. The intent is to have no intent, other than to expose some random thoughts to the light. Quoting Whitman, "If no other in the world be aware I sit content…" While responsive comment is prized (glimpses into prime intellects are always an event), there is no expectation of such. Welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I think they made a TV show like this once... "a show about nothing"... seems to me it was a wild success and made Mr. Seinfeld about a gajillion dollars...

    Anyway you cut it, I'm in.

    ReplyDelete